05 December 2005

Issyk Kul





I don't know if the text and pictures will line up, but it should be fairly obvious which picture I'm talking about. I hope it doesn't look too terrible. This is a Russian Orthodox church in Karakol (check the map). It was restored after independence.






















This is the small town of Bokonbaeva on the south side of Issyk-Kul.














The mountains near Karakol. You can see one of the trees I mentioned earlier with strips of fabric tied on.









These pictures are from inside the Dungan Mosque in Karakol. The Arabic says, from right to left, Allah, There is no God but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God, and Muhummad. The lower picture is the mihrab and minabar. I love to see how mosques in different cultures.



No comments:

Post a Comment