27 December 2005

Food Storage


Homemade canned goods are very common here. Even more common than in Utah. We've been given jars and jars of berry jam and apricot jam. One jar of apricot jam was particularly good. It had dried apricots mixed in and a layer of almonds on top. I never would have thought of that combination, but it was delicious.

We've also had apricot compote (seen here in a gallon jar) and lots of canned vegetables. My favorite has been the tomato relish that is often served. It's a bit like salsa, but not really.

But it ruins it a bit when the newspaper runs stories on botulism.

2 comments:

  1. I think I would err on the side of caution. I am careful about what I eat here, about who cooks it. That sounds stuck up, but there are some people's cooking I don't eat. peoples' whichever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The almond and apricot jam does sound very good to s'mee!

    ReplyDelete