13 November 2005


This picture is at the Ala Medin bazaar in NE Bishkek near the east bus station. We're standing on the top of a big flight of stairs leading into the main bazaar.

The butcher at this bazaar wasn't able to round up any smaller chuko for us. So we're back to the beginning with finding more bones. One of my sisters and my mother want some of their own, but the 28 I have now won't go very far.

I think I'll switch back to asking stray people about them. I'm sure to find some people who would be willing to sell me some (already-cleaned!) chuko.

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture. Does the Bazaar have hours? Is it daily? Once a week? It looks really how I think I would picture it.

    I'm not so sure about this Chuko stuff. *Chuckle* BUT, I do bid you well on your search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the bazaars in Bishkek are daily. But I've never really been able to figure out the hours, and you can never be absolutely sure that the place you're looking for will actually be open. But generally it's open every day from around 9 to 5.

    If you only had a chance to play with the bones, you'd be hooked too. :)

    ReplyDelete