06 November 2005

Crockpots and Other Stuff

I have gotten lots of suggestions to get a crockpot or other electric appliances if we have more trouble with the stove. While I am imagine that I could find a crockpot here, there are several reasons why it's not worth it.

First, I'd have to go from store to store just to find one. I can't call the store and ask. Going from store to store requires getting myself and my two children there and figuring out which buses to take. If I can manage to find a crockpot that is not unreasonably expensive (buying crockpots isn't in our budget), I'd then have to get it home on the bus with me. With my two children still in tow. One of whom can't get into the bus very well on his own.

It might be worth it to you, but it's not to me. The microwave will suit my purposes.

2 comments:

Peggy Snow Cahill said...

I understand why people would suggest a crockpot. I hate to be the one to say this, but do you know how a microwave works? It causes the water molecules in the food to reverse polarity something like 800 million times a second causing friction, and creating
heat, but leaving the water molecules deformed.

Amira said...

I do know that, and that's why I don't cook with my microwave. I understand why people would recommend other appliances. But in this situation, when other appliances are difficult or impossible to come by, the seems like a better option than not cooking at all. I'm not planning on using it when I don't have to (gratefully, the gas is back on).