26 October 2005

KG News

First, a new KG blog. [Added later] MK lives in Bishkek and is learning Kyrgyz. She has left several interesting comments this week.

And yes, I am aware of the demonstrations going on in Bishkek. Here is an IWPR article explaining what is going on. We've not been affected at all. I don't have any reason to go to that part of Bishkek, and as long as I see people out on the streets and the children at school in my neighborhood, we'll go on with our lives. If something does happen that might affect us, I think our neighbors' actions will be a quick indicator that we should stay home.

2 comments:

  1. I have been in a fog today and was not aware of the demonstrations. I hadn't even heard of the assasination. Hmmm. all I will say to you is stay aware.

    And do you have a KG blog link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not going to hear a lot about KG in US news. I almost didn't even mention it because I knew few of you would have heard of it.

    And, yes, I have a new link. I forgot to add it this morning and didn't have time to fix it before I was off the internet for the day. I'll get it fixed in a minute.

    ReplyDelete