22 September 2005

Quick Thoughts on Rita before I'm Booted off the Internet for the Day

I hope that Rita weakens before it hits Texas. There's a good chance it will- lots of hurricanes have looked appalling out in the ocean and then weakened considerably before making landfall.

I am glad that evacuations are starting early. You learn something every time, and I hope a lot was learned from Katrina. But if this hurricane fizzles, people will be less likely to evacuate next time. It's hard to really evacuate well.

And, if there's going to be a hurricane in the Gulf, I have to say I'm glad it's heading toward the US instead of Mexico or Central America. We are much better able to deal with them in almost every way. I wouldn't wish a major hurricane on anyone though.

No comments:

Post a Comment