19 September 2005

Poetry and More

I discovered a few months ago that my boys love listening to poetry. We brought a small collection of poetry anthologies with us and I've been reading them to my younger son while tucking him into bed. We're also memorizing about a poem a week for school. I love what MFS says about poetry in this recent post at M-Mv.

So, what are some of your favorite poems? I usually just flick through our books and choose one that is a good length for the boys. I'd love to pick up more collections if they were available here. Maybe we'll have to start memorizing portions of Manas.


And hypatia tagged me. I'll even do it here:

5 things I plan to do before I die:

Travel, travel, and more travel
Live in interesting places
Write a book
Have more children
Get a masters degree

5 things I can do:

Learn languages
Be quiet
Waste my time
Cook inexpensive yummy food
Crochet

5 things I cannot do:

Ride a unicycle
Eat a sheep's head
Sing a solo
Make anything out of paper to my son's satisfaction
Take my children to Osh Bazaar by myself

5 things that attract me to the opposite sex:

Quiet
Kindness
Likes children
Interesting
Sparkly eyes

5 things I say most often:

Yallah bina
I don't know what you want to eat
Put on your shoes
I love you
Do you need a hug?

5 celebrity crushes: You would be appalled at how little I care about celebrities. I didn't even care as a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment