11 August 2005

Ordering the Ten Commandments and Two New Blogs

An interesting new-to-me blog, Velveteen Rabbi (obviously Jewish), came to my attention today. I like Rachel's perspective on reading the Qur'an. I haven't finished going through the archives, but I read an interesting post about the ordering of the 10 Commandments. I was aware that the 10 Commandents weren't exactly the same for everyone, but this post and subsequent comments filled in the blanks nicely. Dervish (obviously Muslim) had a nice compilation of the Commandments and the differences between the Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, and Muslim versions.

I highly recommend Velveteen Rabbi and Dervish. Dervish has some interesting information on feminist movements in Islam. There is a lot more to discover on these two blogs.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the kind words! We're a bit of a mutual appreciation society, I guess, since I've been enjoying reading through your archives, too. :-)