29 June 2005

Sackler Gallery

I haven't been to Washington DC since my older son was born, but it's one of my favorite cities. I've been lucky enough to visit often and my husband and I will be there again in a couple of weeks. We won't have lots of time for sightseeing, but I'm definitely planning to get to the Sackler Gallery of the Smithsonian. There are several interesting exhibits going on while we're there, and I hope we can get to one of the performances if we're free in the evenings. I'm also partial to the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of American History. What I wouldn't give to live in Washington for a year. The Smithsonian is only one small part of Washington that I love.

4 comments:

lchan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lchan said...

I'm so jealous. We've been talking about a trip to DC for a long time.

I hope you have a great time! And, I hope getting ready for the move isn't too hectic.

Melissa said...

One year in Washington wouldn't even begin to scratch the surface of all there is to do. We lived there for six and only managed to do a small portion. :) I mostly miss the cherry blossoms in spring, though. Enjoy your visit!

Amira said...

After I wrote that about living there for a year, I knew that someone would point out that a year wasn't enough. I said that since Daoud is planning on going back to law school for a year and I'm lobbying for Georgetown and he's hoping for Columbia right now. I'd like New York too. :)