28 June 2005

More Good Books

Melissa asked what books I read when I was younger that I'd read again. There are lots of books that I wouldn't read again, but many that I would (or have read again, many times). Here are a few:

Like Melissa, I like Ray Bradbury. I've reread Fahrenheit 451 a few times, and I love the Martian Chronicles. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee is a book that I should read again.

I love Elizabeth George Speare. I've read The Witch of Blackbird Pond, Calico Captive, and The Bronze Bow too many times to count. I also love Joan Blos. A Gathering of Days and Brothers of the Heart are still too of my favorites.

And there are more like Alicia: My Own Story, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Blood Brothers, Life and Death in Shanghai, A Tale of Two Cities, The Road from Coorain, The Robe, James Herriot, To Kill a Mockingbird, Spring Moon, West with the Night, The Lacemaker, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Chaim Potok, A Town Like Alice, Tisha, and Kristin Lavransdatter.

1 comment:

  1. Like usual, Amira, lots more books to find and read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete