15 April 2005

Book Links

I picked up The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease a few days ago. I will always have fond memories of this book because my mother used it to choose books to read to us for many years. She continued to read to us even when we were teenagers. I still hear her voice when I read The Witch of Blackbird Pond, The Search for Delicious, Tuck Everlasting, and Twenty and Ten.

Trelease has some links (mostly outdated, since the book was published in 2001) with some book sites. Here are the ones I could find:

Booklist

School Library Journal

International Reading Association

Reading Rainbow books

Kirkus Reviews

The Horn Book

Book Links

1 comment:

  1. We love this book at our house. Our read-aloud blog is named after a story in his book:

    500 by 12

    ReplyDelete